Breast Reduction Info
Here you will find a lot of interesting information about breast reduction: the opinions of surgeons, advice of doctors, reliable information about complications and risks, infections, recovery, age for surgery, scars, types of anesthesia, good and bad results, cost, drains, pain, experience and other. This is real wikipedia about breast reduction!
The list of information articles is at the bottom! To write these articles, we involve surgeons, and we also study medical manuals to give the most accurate information about breast reduction.
In plastic surgery, there are situations when the size of the breast needs to be reduced.
This plastic surgery is called reduction mammoplasty.Excessively large breasts can cause both psychological discomfort and the occurrence of a variety of health problems, among which is the overload of the spine in the cervicothoracic area, which is manifested by prolonged pain syndrome, impaired posture.
Modern plastic surgery solves not only aesthetic problems, but also functional ones. Plastic surgery offers a safe breast reduction while maintaining the size and shape that a woman desires after discussing all the nuances of plastic correction with an experienced surgeon specializing exclusively in breast plastic surgery.
What is the essence of breast reduction surgery?During surgery, excess tissues of the gland and adipose tissue are removed, the nipple-areola complex moves upward, an aesthetic new type of breast is formed, and its fixation is made to prevent ptosis in the future. The duration of the operation is 50-90 minutes. Recovery period lasts 2-4 weeks.
Our approach to the operation
- Selection of the most natural and natural “new” type of breast, taking into account the physiological characteristics of the patient.
- Using unique 3D equipment to create an accurate 3D model of the breast after reduction.
- Increased attention to the safety of patients.
- Reduction of the recovery period is 2-3 times in comparison with other clinics.
Psychological and other motives of the operation.
- The pain in the neck is because the chest is disproportionately large for the figure and heavy.
- Curvature of posture, back pain.
- Skin rashes and irritation under the mammary glands, caused by excessive friction due to the large size of the breast.
- Bra straps leave deep marks on the skin.
- Breasts sagged, become less elastic, and the “look down” nipples.
- Stiffness in movements, difficulties in performing physical exercises, difficulties in climbing the stairs.
- Psychological discomfort, complexes of an intimate nature.
Medical indications for surgery
- Mastoptosis (sagging) of the mammary gland of various levels of severity.
- Asymmetrical shape of the breast.
- Ptosis (omission of the breast, while preserving its size).
- Post-lactation involution of mammary glands (correction of breast size after completion of baby feeding).
- Congenital malformations of the breast.
Techniques of reduction mammoplasty
“Periareolar” mammoplasty. Applicable in the case of a small breast ptosis (I-II The degree), the breast size can not be transformed. In this case, the scar has a ring shape and is located exclusively around the areola.This technique is characterized by minimal traumatism, short operation time and rapid healing of postoperative sutures. This kind of mammoplasty is aimed exclusively at improving the existing form of the breast, without striving for an ideal. This operation is combined with one-stage implantation to create the ideal shape of the breast.
Breast Reduction Anchor method. It is the most commonly used technique in plastic surgery. It is used in the case of a pronounced chest ptosis (III-IV degree), as well as to reduce its size. To support a new form in the correct position, the doctors applied internal (disappear in the next 3 months) and external (intradermal) sutures, using high quality suture material.
Possible complicationsPotential risks of breast reduction surgery include scarring, an increase or decrease in the sensitivity of nipples and breasts, the development of swelling and bruising, inability to lactation, allergy to suture material, and also on the drugs used. However, the ten-year experience of doctors, the use of high-quality technologies and preparations, a serious approach to safety, minimize the aforementioned risks.
Self-preparation for surgery
- 14 days before surgery, the patient should stop taking hormone and aspirin-containing medications. If this is not possible, you should always consult with the surgeon for further action. Also during this period, the patient should stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarettes to 2 per day.
- 7 days before surgery, you should stop using spicy and fatty foods, as well as taking alcohol.
- 8 hours before surgery, you must stop eating food to ensure safe anesthesia.
- In the morning, on the day of breast reduction surgery, collect things: comfortable clothes that do not squeeze the chest and which need not be removed through the head, personal hygiene products, replaceable underwear, all necessary documents and test results.
According to the prescription of the doctor you can take vitamins, and in case of serious operations – preparations containing iron.
How long does the recovery take? Recovery day by day
- Day 2 – Discharge from the hospital is allowed to take a shower.
- 3 – 4 Week. Compression laundry is removed. You can return to normal life.
- 1 – 2 months. It is allowed to visit the sauna, solarium, fitness center.
- 4 – 5 week. You can use air transport.
- 2 – 3 months. You can evaluate the result of the operation.
Features of the postoperative period
- The patient is in the hospital for the first 2 days. In the case of painful sensations, the doctor may be prescribed painkillers.
- Within 5 days after the operation, sharp movements of the hands are contraindicated, which can lead to excessive tension in the seams.
- Within 2 weeks after surgery, the patient is not allowed to take aspirin-containing medications.
- During this period, it is desirable to sleep on your back, on several pillows, and refuse sexual relations.
- During the first 2-3 weeks after the operation, it is desirable to exclude fatty, spicy, strongly salty and fried foods from the diet, as well as alcoholic beverages and exotic fruits.
- Avoid activities such as sharp turns and tilts the body, do not lift weights.
- Within a month, exercise should be minimized, not lifting more than 3 kg.
- Within 2 months after the operation, baths, saunas, solariums, and sunbathing are prohibited. In addition, in this period it is not recommended to engage in active sports, swimming.
- During recovery, the patient’s diet should include rich in vitamins, trace elements and all necessary substances, food.
Detailed consultation is the key to a successful operation.Primary consultation lasts, on average, 40-50 minutes, for which the doctor tries to hear and deeply understand all the needs and desires of the patient.
An important aspect of the consultation is the creation in the patient of a “correct vision” of the results of a breast reduction surgery
We use the unique equipment Vectra HT 3D to create an accurate 3D model of the future breast, we simulate different variants of the final result of the operation, depending on the wishes of the patient.
In just 15 minutes the patient will see what her breast will become after breast reduction surgery, and then she will be able to correct her vision of future changes for the better.
Breast Reduction Information:
- Breast Capsulectomy Procedure Breast Capsulectomy – It is the name given to a surgery procedure for removing the capsules that form around breast implants. Due to the thickening of the capsules, the implants can distort the appearance of...read more
- Top 50 Best Breast Reduction Surgeons How to find the best plastic surgeon for Breast Reduction? What should be guided by choosing a breast reduction doctor? What you should not skimp on? How to ensure a good result of plastic surgery...read more
- Gynecomastia Surgery With Areola Reduction Gynecomastia can most definitely be performed at the same time with areola reduction. Performing both procedures simultaneously will not add to the recovery time of either procedure. (Ivan Thomas, MD, Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon) It...read more
- Breast Reduction Techniques Your plastic surgeon should review with you what your expectations are. Whether your insurance company is paying or you’ve had it fighting with your insurance company and have decided to pay for the procedure yourself,...read more
- Emotional And Physical Reasons For Breast Reduction Surgery Physical Symptoms of Large Breasts If you have large breasts, you can probably relate to at least one of the following physical symptoms: Back pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain – which is pretty constant...read more
- Making Scars Less Noticible After Breast Reduction Size of scar will depend on how small you would like your breast size to be. A breast reduction is much different than a breast lift. If you only lift the nipple versus doing a...read more
- Breast Reduction Vs Breast Reduction And Lift Breast reduction and breast lift surgery are very similar in design and execution. The difference is in how much tissue, if any, is removed during surgery. It is imperative for a surgeon to assess the...read more
- Time Off Work Following A Breast Reduction Breast reduction surgery recovery time is similar to many other plastic surgery procedures. For the average patient with an administrative job, 1-2 weeks off are a good place to start. If you work from home,...read more
- Breast Reduction In A Diabetic - Plastic Surgeons Opinions Diabetes does increase the risk of infection with all surgical procedures, however with good control and planning, even insulin dependent diabetes will not prevent you from havng a breast reduction. Medical clearance and team approach...read more
- Breast Reduction And Liposuction At The Same Time Is it safe to have multiple procedures? There are so many variable that come into play. Just a few to note include: a patient’s medical history, the expected amount of blood loss, the total operating...read more
- Breast Reduction D To A - Plastic Surgeons Opinions Breast reduction D cup to A cup most likely not possible Most likely this will not be possible. Unless you agree to a free nipple graft, which will eliminate nipple sensation, it will not be...read more
- Breast Reduction Surgery And Smoking - Plastic Surgeons Opinions Cigarette smoke contains substances that reduce the circulation of blood in the skin. This can have very harmful effects on healing, especially for those procedures that involve the kinds of sculpting and tissue movement that...read more
- Accessory (extra) Nipple Removal - Plastic Surgeons Opinions The condition of extra nipples is really common. Most patients think the extra nipples are moles. They can occur anywhere along the “milk line” which extends from the underarm area, down through the normal nipples...read more
- Nipple Sensation After Surgery Nipple sensory changes after surgery With every breast surgery there is a chance nipple sensation will be altered. If nerves are stretched (such as with an augmentation), you can become hypersensitive or less sensitive than...read more
- Treating Male Breast Enlargement Male breast enlargement can be the result of various conditions, and if those conditions are treated the breast enlargement may be reversed. If you are experiencing sudden enlargements, you should talk to your family doctor...read more